This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Mutant Mudds™ – Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max must vanquish his nemeses, the Mutant Mudds, by blasting and hovering his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. (For Nintendo 3DS™)
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ (demo version) – Join Mario and Sonic in the world’s greatest sporting competition. With more than 50 playable events, the Olympic Games have never been so much fun. This demo is now available on Nintendo eShop. (For Nintendo 3DS)
Newton vs. The Horde – Scientists are being attacked by a horde of vicious monsters. Use physics to squash, skewer and explode those nasty creatures and do whatever you can to help our scientist friends survive. (Wii™)
Also new this week:
• Lola’s Alphabet Train (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)
• Flipper 2: Flush the Goldfish (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
The Official Nintendo Magazine featured Animal Crossing 3DS in its latest issue. The article contains a bunch of brand new details about the game, including new areas being added to the experience and StreetPass support.
- Add benches, street lamps, and more to make the villagers happier
- Secretary will help you out
- The secretary is a new character in the Animal Crossing series
- Secretary looks somewhat like a dog, is clumsy
- “chatting with her may be one of the game’s highlights”
- Secretary walks around with a clipboard sometimes
- She’ll point out town areas that look good or may need work
- Design every aspect of your house; even the design of the mailbox and type of color fencing
- Redesign the inside, too
- Can still buy/place/arrange furniture
- Not limited to particular furniture designs
- Take your furniture to a special upholsterer shop to have it recolored and redesigned
- Separate top and bottom outfit designs
- Layout of the village is “said to be a lot bigger this time than ever with many separate sections”
- Beach is a larger area that you walk down a cliffside path rather than just being a patch of sand
- Swim in the sea, walk barefoot across the sand
- Check the railroad and see what’s beyond them
- You’ll find The Mall past the rail tracks that has tons of shops and model homes
- The model homes are empty, but they’ll give you an area of how you can style your own home
- Each time you walk pass someone with StreetPass enabled, their own house will be added to the collection of model homes
- Tom Nook is in charge of the model homes
- Mystery island found near the beach
I have my doubts about this Nintendo Network deal. Yesterday when i posted the story about it i was reminded that Mario Kart 7 connects to the Nintendo Network every time you play over the web. If anything the picture above may just be a re-branding to the 3DS's network.
Buuuuuuut an anonymous source has stated the following:
Nintendo will launch a website accessible from any web browser that will handle configuration of your Nintendo Network account for use on the Wii U or 3DS. He also stated that Nintendo Network will include many new features that haven’t been used before by Nintendo. According to his accounts: Nintendo Network = Sony PSN = Xbox Live.
Its REALLY hard to believe something like this... but the individual who submitted this to everyone wished to remain anonymous. Personally I don't think it can be compared to PSN and Live. It's much more believable that this has something to do with DLC. Only time can tell. What is everyone's thoughts on this? comment here or on the Facebook page.
The box art for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is out and about... oh what's this on the top right corner... "Nintendo Network"?
At this point there is no word on what "Nintendo Network" is. The only idea some people have is that it may have something to do with the fact that the game will include DLC.
Konami has unleashed some new images of the limited edition Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Nintendo 3DS hardware bundle. The bundle will be exclusive to Konami Style and will retail for ¥22,980. To have a chance of purchasing one you will need to enter a special Konami raffle. There’s currently no word of a Western release date.
Konami has released some new pictures of the limited edition Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Nintendo Bundle. The Bundle will be VERY limited and not sold in stores. To have a chance of purchasing one you will need to enter a special Konami raffle. There's currently no mention of a western release date.
As everyone already may be aware, Europe and Japan have been offering a free download of the 3D Classic to everyone who registers two Nintendo eligible games on Club Nintendo. For North American consumers, pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising will get you that bonus download code. Official statement from Nintendo of America below:
“Additionally, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will receive a bonus download code for the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ game, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be delivered with the purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A deposit may be required for pre-order. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.”