This comes from Maxconsole. Remember the following is only RUMORED!!
A full listing of the functionality included in the rumored update is as follows:
* Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
* This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
* This update will add the application “Nintendo Network” to the 3DS.
* Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).
* A “Game Preview” Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.
* Enhances the speed of the handheld.
* Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
* Nintendo Zone will be automatically added to European 3DS owners.
We’ll be able to determine if this rumor is legitimate or not soon. If nothing becomes available within the next few days, that would be a pretty good sign that the above speculation is fake!